I wrote this on the 27th day of January this year (my birthday) but I haven’t had the morale to put it up here just because I feel it lacks the sense of excitement I wanted the aura of my birthday spirit to bear. I asked for solace on my birthday from my friends because I didn’t want a party or so much noise about the birthday, the only new thing I felt that day was a step closer to old age.
Today I’m feeling nostalgic and I decided to dig into my diary and I found this;
“I started the day feeling very uninterested and somewhat sad. I feel uninterested in certain things, unaccomplished and weird” I felt that way because up until then, I did not have a well constructive mapped out goal for my life. I wrote down things I wanted to achieve but some of them felt unachievable, some became mundane to me and others were hazy which didn’t cut it out for me anymore. So I picked up a pen and wrote a prayer to God and after that, I wrote what I’d love to achieve by 30 in a well arranged order.
I guess you already understand why you’re reading this on this day. I wanted to know I wasn’t heading for a finish line that keeps shifting. Don’t get me wrong, I feel a sense of accomplishment already but not fully now because I’m sure I’ve grown past where I was on that day.
Here’s 15 things I would love to achieve by 30. Let’s just say a bucket list, but for 30:
- Visit 10 different countries
- Get an MSc and PhD (in courses you’ll find out when I get the degree..lol)
- Learn to bake
- Address a large crowd of intellectuals
- Write a bestselling book
- Own a house in my name
- Finally learn to stop procrastinating duties
- Have seven 6-figure(at least) streams of income
- Set up my business
- Have a foundation for homeless girls and education
- Teach 1000 people how to live intentionally and productively
- Have a flawless skin. Common, a girl has dreams for that too
- Live in a different country for a while
- Eat Tacos
- Of course, get married to the love of my life and have beautiful kids.
Some redundant, some life changing, some daring. Hopefully, my 30th birthday wouldn’t have me all gloomy and sad.
Ps; I still have goals on being on Forbes list before 30. I’ll work hard towards that and see how it goes.
Yours awaiting grey hair